Saturday, July 26, 2008

Spur of the moment

Jonathon got up this morning and decided we were going to Savannah. There was a dry cleaning convention he was interested in attending and he said "Why not?"

Why not, you ask? Well, it wasn't on the schedule! What about Griffin's nap? How long will we be gone?

If you know me at all you know that I am nothing if not a Planner. I'm not comfortable with just getting up and going. I need to know beforehand and get myself used to the idea that this is what we're doing and when and how we are doing it. Marrying somebody like Jonathon turned that planning part of me upside down. Jonathon has never made (and followed!) a plan in all of his life and that's one of the reasons I love him. In the interest of adventure I agreed. And what followed was a fabulous time in Savannah.


(last names & locations edited out for safety)

The convention was okay but the real fun was walking downtown on the river and letting Griffin out of his cage stroller to play. Note to readers: strolling on cobblestones isn't the easiest. (Yay for Daddy's!)


Griffin got to throw his first ever coin into a fountain. I don't know what his wish was but I can reveal to you that mine had something to do with diapers and getting rid of them soon.







"Spontaneity is the quality of being able to do something just because you feel like it at the moment, of trusting your instincts, of taking yourself by surprise and snatching from the clutches of your well-organized routine a bit of unscheduled pleasure." Richard Iannelli

1 comment:

MamaMinded said...

So glad that you lived in the moment! Your pictures are darling and Griffin looks SO BIG!!

Copyright 2008 * Jennifer Blount * All Rights Reserved