Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thursday was Griffin's field trip to Conner's A-maize-ing Acres! Griffin loved the trip so much last year that he talked about it for MONTHS afterwards. Forget Halloween or Christmas he just wanted to go back and see the "punkins". Needless to say I was really excited to take him back again this year. The first trip was cancelled due to weather so when we woke up Thursday morning to cloudy skies I was crossing some fingers!

The skies brightened up and we made it to the cornfield.


Before going in we had to stop with buddy Walker for some jeep time. (Or as Walker calls it "riding a dunebuggy"!) Walker loved the tractor. Shocking I know ;)

Instead of your typical sandbox Conner's had a cornbox! Griffin took off his shoes and dug in.


Next it was time for the hayride!


The kids enjoyed feeding the cows.


Griffin's favorite part of the trip was getting to feed the animals. He was a little apprehensive at first but when we told him that the Donkey was from Shrek he brightened right up and got right to feeding.

"You want me to do what?"



"Oh! It's Donkey? Well then, alright!"




Feeding....




aaaaaaaaand feeding!





Then it was time to visit the horse. I think his size was a little intimdating so we went together while Daddy took pictures.



There was a little play area in the middle of the farm that had ride on toys. I think we could've just went for that and the boys would've spent the whole time playing there, they loved it.

Next was going down the big (DARK!) slide. I was very surprised and proud Griffin ended up going down it. I thought for sure he would get up there and see that it was dark inside and climb right back down. Maybe he does have a little bit of Daddy's adventurous spirit in him!



Griffin's class. This is the best shot we were going to get. You try taking a picture of eight 2/3 year olds yelling at them to "LOOK!! SMILE!" Finally a rousing chorus of "Wheels on the Bus" helped us along. (Thanks Ms. Jenny!)

It's still hard to believe it's been a year since the boys were last there...




Which brings me to my next pictures, Griffin at Conners last year and now this year.

Look at those cheeks!

And finally, the obligatory family picture. How is it that Fall is almost over?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw I love these pictures. It's amazing how much he has grown since last year when he was there!
I especially love the last one with you Bub and Griff... SO CUTE!

bledsoe_trio said...

He has gotten so big since last year! I could just bite his cheeks! It's amazing how fast they grow up! I'm going to have to kiss Emma even more and soak up all the "baby" while I can!

Raquel said...

Donkey from Shrek...your a genius!

Copyright 2008 * Jennifer Blount * All Rights Reserved