Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Elf on the Shelf

Have you ever wondered how Santa knows who's naughty or nice? Well, it's because of the Elf on the Shelf! Our very own elf visited last night for the first time and it was magical. I can't wait for the years of fun this little elf is going to bring. (Thanks to another little elf named Ashley for getting it!)



Griffin got out of the bath lastnight to find a little elf in the living room.



We read the story on how the elf got here and what he does. If you are unfamiliar with Elf on the Shelf this is how it works: The elf arrives around the holidays, usually at Thanksgiving. His sole responsibility is to watch a child's behavior and report it to "Santa" each night. The next morning after the child awoke, they discovered the elf had returned from the "North Pole" and was hiding in a different place.








Go visit the really fun interactive Elf on the Shelf website to get coloring sheets cookie recipes and all sorts of other things to do.

3 comments:

Kate & Gabe said...

I really need to pull out our elf! I have been meaning to since Dec 1st but I was too afraid I would lose him in all the clutter! :) It's such a cute/fun tradition to start!

bledsoe_trio said...

I have heard all about this Elf! I can't wait to get one! I'm sure Emma won't really get the full effect until next year though! Can't wait to see you soon! By the way, I'm loving "Good In Bed"! Thanks for letting me borrow it!

Jennifer said...

Deanna - I love ours, it really does help with behavior! I like that it comes in a little box to hold the book and elf because I would definitely lose the little thing!

Stephanie - I'm glad you're enjoying the book! I would recommend the Elf on the Shelf to anyone--I'm a sucker for holiday traditions. I can't wait to see you guys, it's been forever!

Copyright 2008 * Jennifer Blount * All Rights Reserved